Universal Relocations Adheres to FIDI / FAIM Standards
In order to maintain our FAIM accreditations and in accordance with our Quality Control procedures, all Universal Relocations branches and offices are subject to regular on-site evaluations. The aim is to assess how well we follow procedures, to guarantee that environmental criteria are respected and that we conform to FIDI’s strict standards.
FIDI FAIM standards:
- Sorting plastic, paper and cardboard for recycling.
- Recycling printer cartridges.
- Communicating electronically to reduce paper consumption.
- Using packing material of quality that can be recycled.
- Preventative maintenance programs for all vehicles.
- Minimizing road transportation with the use of water transportation.
- Regulated disposal of motor oil.
- Disposal of batteries.
- Use of energy-saving light bulbs.
Recycling and Paper
- Plastics, paper and cardboard are sorted for recycling in all our branches. Moreover, ink cartridges are recycled and we print on recycled paper.
- We encourage the use of emails, both internally and with clients and partners. By reducing fax and mail services, we decrease paper consumption.
Packing Materials and Techniques
- All our branches recycle their Packing Materials wherever local infrastructures allow it.
- We also use special packing techniques to optimize the use of space. This reduces volume and the impact of transport on the environment.
Universal Relocations Vehicles
- Universal Relocations implements a preventative and regular maintenance program for all vehicles (trucks, cars, forklifts) to reduce the effect of greenhouse gases on the environment.
- Moreover, oils from waste and batteries are returned.
- Maritime and inter-modal freight transportation is used as often as possible.
- We advise all employees to switch off their computers and lights before leaving the office.
- We try to increase staff awareness about being environmentally responsible.