If you’re planning on relocating from the USA to India and want to bring your car along with you, you’ll need to explore your options for car shipping. Shipping your car to India from the USA can be a daunting task, but with proper planning and guidance, it can be done smoothly and efficiently. In this article, we will explore everything you need to know about car shipping to India from the USA.
When shipping your car to India from the USA, there are specific regulations that must be followed. Here are some key regulations to keep in mind:
- Right-Hand Drive: All vehicles must be right-hand drive, and left-hand drive vehicles are not allowed in India.
- Age Limit: Only cars that are less than three years old are allowed to be imported into India.
- Taxes and Duties: The importer must pay taxes and duties, which are based on the value and type of car being imported.
- Documentation: The importer must provide all necessary documentation, including the original bill of lading, import declaration form, and customs clearance certificate.
When shipping a car to India from the USA, there are two main shipping options: Roll on Roll off (RoRo) and Container Shipping.
- RoRo Shipping: RoRo shipping involves loading the vehicle onto a specialized ship that is designed to transport vehicles. The car is driven onto the ship at the port of origin and driven off the ship at the port of arrival. RoRo shipping is often the most affordable option for car shipping.
- Container Shipping: Container shipping involves loading the car into a container, which is then loaded onto a ship. Container shipping provides more security and protection for the car during transit.
Preparing Your Car for Shipping:
Before shipping your car to India from the USA, there are several steps you should take to prepare your car for shipping:
- Clean Your Car: Thoroughly clean both the interior and exterior of your car before shipping.
- Remove Personal Items: Remove all personal items from the car before shipping.
- Check for Damage: Check for any damage or issues with the car before shipping and take photos for documentation.
- Secure Loose Parts: Secure any loose parts or accessories on the car to prevent damage during shipping.
Upon arrival in India, the car must be cleared by customs. Here are some steps involved in the process:
- Documentation Check: The importer must provide all necessary documentation, including the original bill of lading, import declaration form, and customs clearance certificate.
- Inspection: The car will be inspected by customs officials to ensure that it meets all import regulations and is free from any damage.
- Payment of Fees: The importer must pay any necessary taxes and duties.
In conclusion, shipping your car to India from the USA can be a complex process, but with the right preparation and guidance, it can be a smooth and stress-free process. Make sure to follow the shipping regulations, choose the right shipping option, prepare your car for shipping, and be prepared for the customs clearance process. By following these steps, you can ensure a safe and efficient shipment of your car to India from the USA.